Chanelle A. Blackie is an associate in the San Francisco office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where she focuses on investment fund formation, fund management and operational matters, and related securities regulation. Chanelle advises her clients in connection with the following matters, among others:
Investment Fund Structuring, Formation, and Negotiation:
- Chanelle advises fund sponsors on the organization, negotiation, structuring, and operations of venture capital funds, hedge funds, and private equity funds, as well as variations thereof, such as funds of funds, master/feeder fund structures, employee carry plans, separately managed accounts, funds of one, and pledge funds. She has extensive experience with investment funds focused on venture investments, social impact investing, life sciences investments, and energy technology investments. In addition, Chanelle advises institutional investors seeking to invest in hedge funds, private equity funds, and venture funds. She also counsels such clients with respect to regulatory obligations, including relevant exclusions or exemptions, under the Investment Advisers Act, Investment Company Act, broker-dealer rules and regulations, and other relevant securities laws.
General Securities Law Regulatory Advice:
- Chanelle advises companies, including technology and other operating companies, in determining whether they are subject to regulation as investment advisers, broker-dealers, or other regulated entities. She also assists these entities in structuring their organization and operations so as to permissibly avoid regulation, and in seeking no-action, exemptive, and similar relief. In particular, Chanelle has extensive experience in advising participants in the financial services industry—such as fintech companies operating crowdfunding platforms or novel securities-related platforms and products—on federal securities laws and related financial services laws and regulations with respect to their regulatory, transactional, and product development projects.
- Chanelle also advises brokerage firms in a variety of regulatory and transactional contexts. Chanelle also works with innovative start-up brokerage firms, including in connection with their registration process; development of business plans, policies, and procedures; and responses to SEC and FINRA examinations and inspections.
Prior to joining the firm, Chanelle worked as an attorney investigator in the Enforcement Department of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). In this role, she investigated and brought enforcement actions against brokers and broker-dealers for violations of the federal securities laws and regulations and FINRA rules.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law
- B.B.A., Finance, University of Miami
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$