Chantel L. Febus is a partner representing clients in domestic and international internal investigations, federal enforcement actions, and complex commercial litigation. Her clients span a wide array of industries, including healthcare, precious minerals, online travel services, universities, media and entertainment and private investment funds.
Chantel also provides pre-transactional due diligence related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws for a spectrum of corporate clients. Drawing on her substantial experience as a federal prosecutor and appellate clerk, Chantel brings a broad perspective to the table as she helps her clients navigate complex legal issues.
Chantel is a member of the Firm’s Hiring and Pro Bono Committees and spearheads the Firm’s Proskauer Prep program, a unique program for 1L women aimed at delivering practical insight into their first year at law school and Big Law practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Chantel was a federal prosecutor at the Department of Justice, Criminal Division where she successfully first and second-chaired complex criminal trials, including a federal obscenity bench trial and a federal gang-land child prostitution trial, and prosecuted technology-facilitated violations of federal child exploitation offenses in various U.S. federal districts.
She also coordinated and executed large-scale national operations involving federal law enforcement agencies, multiple federal districts, and international agencies, advised on the development of prosecution and enforcement policies, legislation and appeals, conducted training related to child exploitation for federal prosecutors, and initiated, developed, and conducted the first-ever Department of Justice child exploitation and technology training series at the National Workshop for District Court Judges hosted by the Federal Judicial Center, presenting to approximately 240 district court judges.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2002
- St. John Fisher College, B.A., 1998
Admissions & Qualifications : District of Columbia, New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit – Judge Edith H. Jones
- U.S. Supreme Court – Justice Clarence Thomas
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia – Judge Royce C. Lamberth
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Hartley House, Board of Trustees, Nominating and Governance Committee
- Teaching Firms of America, Member, Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, Chair Nominating & Governance Committee, Compensation & Evaluation Committee
- Breast Treatment Task Force, Member, Board of Directors
- The Honorable Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice, United States Supreme Court, Washington, DC, July 2005 – July 2006
- The Honorable Edith H. Jones, Chief Judge, Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Houston, TX, September 2004 – July 2005
- The Honorable Royce C. Lamberth, Chief Judge, United States District Court, District of Columbia, Washington, DC, September 2003 – September 2004
Prior to her clerkships, Chantel worked as an associate at Sidley Austin, where she represented and counseled clients in complex litigation and investigatory matters, including internal investigations, commercial pharmaceutical litigation and the Federal Corrupt Practices Act.
Rate : $$$