Chantell L. Taylor’s practice is concentrated in regulatory and government affairs with emphasis in public policy, election law, ethics and government regulations at local, state and federal levels.
She advises candidates, consultants, lobbyists, political action committees (PACs) and independent expenditure committees, ballot measure campaigns and political parties, municipalities and corporations across various industries, trade associations and other tax-exempt organizations. She also manages election and ethics-related litigation and enforcement matters before local, state, and federal courts and agencies.
Over her 20-year legal career she has led the government relations program for one of Colorado’s top oil and gas companies, served as counsel to some of Colorado’s most controversial statewide ballot initiative campaigns, represented countless candidates and political committees, launched and directed nonprofit organizations, and devoted her legal experience to a myriad of community causes on a pro bono basis.
Chantell has an aptitude for cultivating strong working relationships with business leaders, legislators, government officials and civic leaders. For the firm, Chantell is a mentor for new associates, hosting professional development lunches and providing guidance to those beginning their legal career.
Her counseling covers many areas, including client representation, career development and pro bono opportunities. Due to Chantell’s in-office mentorship, multiple Snell & Wilmer associates have immersed themselves in various aspects of civic life.
Representative Experience :
- Oversaw legal compliance and political strategy for statewide issue campaigns to defeat and pass ballot initiatives, including drafting and title setting, title and signature challenges, developing budgets and building coalitions
- Proactively managed legislative strategy for energy company in the Rockies, including bill drafting, lobbying, providing testimony, coordinating with stakeholders and collaborating with governmental agencies
- Provided legal and strategic counsel to grassroots political campaigns across the country, including compliance with tax exempt laws and varying state campaign finance and employment laws
- Represented charitable, political, and social welfare and advocacy organizations in tax exempt compliance
- Analyzed, drafted, amended and advanced rulemakings and legislative outcomes
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- University of Colorado at Boulder (B.A., cum laude, 1995)
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (Present)
- Opera Colorado, Board of Directors (Present)
- Women’s Energy Network of Colorado, Founding President (2016-present)
- Vital for Colorado, Board Member (2017-2018)
- Aurora & Metro Denver Economic Development Councils, Board Member (2015-2018)
- Colorado Energy Coalition, Board Member (2015-2018)
Other Professional Experience :
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Government Relations Manager (2015-2018)
- Hogan Lovells LLP, Senior Attorney (2011-2015)
- Public Interest Network, General Counsel (2009-2011)
- Colorado Ethics Watch, Founding Director (2006-2009)
- Perkins Coie LLP, Attorney (2003-2006)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Court Admissions : Supreme Court of Colorado
Rate : $$$$