Chao Qi is an associate in the San Diego office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice focuses on patent prosecution and intellectual property counseling, licensing, and litigation for clients in the information technology, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Chao was a law clerk in both civil litigation and criminal litigation practices, where he offered pro bono services for post-conviction cases.During his doctoral studies, Chao gained extensive research experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, neuroscience, genetics, and behavioral psychology.
His doctoral research focused on using animal models to identify novel drug targets for the treatment of anxiety- and stress-related disorders and depression. Before attending graduate school, he was a research intern in several private laboratories, including a small biotechnology company specializing in creating rapid medical diagnostic and healthcare products. In addition, Chao is fluent in several programming and scripting languages.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2015
- M.B.A., University of Southern California Marshall School of Business, 2015
- Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2011
- B.S., Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Arizona, 2004
- Not yet admitted to practice in any jurisdiction
Rate : $$$