Chardaie C. Charlemagne leads her commercial litigation practice with a solid work ethic and a clear understanding of her clients’ goals. Experienced with litigating securities fraud claims under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Chardaie represents corporate defendants in high-stakes, complex litigation disputes, and provides counseling involving shareholder suits.
A committed counsel, Chardaie has served as a law clerk at both the federal circuit and district court levels. She enlists that background — along with considering various internal and external dynamics — to form an effective and efficient approach to handling disputes.
Those strengths are also crucial to her role as a member of the BakerHostetler team serving as court-appointed counsel to Trustee Irving H. Picard for the SIPA liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, an unprecedented recovery effort involving hundreds of actions.
- Member of the BakerHostetler team working as counsel to the court-appointed SIPA Trustee in the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- Conducted research and drafted documents to assist members of the firm’s White Collar, Investigations and Securities Enforcement and Litigation team.
- Assisted with a breach-of-contract case in New York state court.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2012; Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law, Staff Member
- B.A., Harvard University, 2008
Admissions : New York, Illinois
Rate : $$$