Charlene L. McGinty represents healthcare providers and companies in the areas of health law and regulatory compliance, including transactional and operational work. She also acts as outside general counsel for physicians and physician organizations.
Charlene writes and lectures on a wide scope of health law issues for organizations such as the American Health Lawyers Association, the Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys, the Southeastern Health Care Fraud Institute and the Health Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia. Her publications and speeches focus on topics affecting facilities and providers.
- Represents hospitals and health systems, physicians and physician organizations, academic medical centers, and ancillary services providers in health law and regulatory matters.
- Represents physicians and physician organizations in relation to federal and state fraud and abuse and physician self-referral laws, fee-splitting, corporate practice of medicine, compliance audits, physician recruitment and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy implementation.
- Represents clients in the areas of federal and state regulation (including Medicare, Medicaid and private payor reimbursement issues), mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and divestitures, joint ventures and affiliations, structuring of business relationships, facility operations, health service delivery, professional services contracts, physician recruitment, managed care arrangements, tax exemption issues and corporate governance, and internal investigations and compliance matters.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- President (2016)
- President Elect Designate (2014 to 2015)
- Finance Committee, Chair (2014 to 2015)
- Physicians Law Institute, Program Chair (2006 to 2012)
- Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
- State Bar of Georgia
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, 1986
- B.A., University of Kentucky, 1981
Admissions : Georgia
Rate : $$$