Charles A. Burkhart has focused his practice on construction litigation, and the defense and trial of catastrophic product liability and electrical injury and death claims. Chuck chairs the firm’s Product Liability and Casualty Practice Group, and his practice includes the defense of over-the-road trucking accidents, industrial equipment manufacturers, and adulterated food claims for national food manufacturers and retailers.
He has developed a national construction practice in which he represents owners, architects, general contractors, and subcontractors on claims ranging from mechanics liens, the drafting and negotiation of high-value construction contracts, to the litigation of highly complex nuclear energy construction disputes, most recently defending claims against a major electrical utility on arguably the largest construction project ongoing in the United States.
In addition to first-chairing the defense of approximately 300 underground mining claims and several related jury trials, Chuck has developed two decades of expertise in the defense and trial of electrical contact and electrocution cases.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1996,
- The University of Alabama, B.A., 1992,
- Supreme Court of Alabama, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 1996
Bar Admissions : Alabama, 1996
Professional Affiliations :
- Alabama State Bar, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Trial Academy, Instructor, 2007
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Trial Academy, Instructor, 2004
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Trial Academy
Rate : $$$