Charlie Cerise handles maritime, toxic tort, environmental, oil and gas, contracts, casualty, insurance and products liability litigation. Charlie litigates offshore energy cases, including complex limitation of liability actions, pipeline, well, and other asset damage. In addition, he advocates for clients in environmental contamination and exposure cases including complex, multi-party and class action litigation and litigates contract disputes.
Charlie’s multifaceted practice also encompasses Louisiana state law personal injury and death, property damage, and contract litigation, pipeline explosion, Jones Act and general maritime law issues, third-party asset and loss of use damage, collision, vessel seizure, products liability injury, redhibition, and significant injury and death litigation.
Charlie previously served as a litigation practice group leader, a liaison partner to the firm associates and as a partner-in-charge of the New Orleans office. Charlie values pro bono work and community involvement. He is actively involved in the firm’s HUGS (Hope, Understanding, Giving, and Support) program.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of New Orleans, B.S., 1981
Professional Affiliations & Memberships:
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter (Board of Directors, 1994-1999)
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$$