Charles C. Conrad, a Pillsbury Litigation partner, focuses on complex commercial disputes in the energy and construction industries, both onshore and offshore. Charles assists owners, EPC contractors and other contractors in potential and actual construction disputes involving petrochemical refineries, infrastructure, heavy industrial process facilities, commercial and multifamily buildings, schools, offshore platform construction, and vessel construction.
He also litigates matters involving oil and gas, admiralty/maritime, transportation, and catastrophic personal injury litigation. Charles operates as a true business advisor to his clients, maintaining an intense work ethic combined with a creative approach to litigation. This approach has resulted in success for his clients.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Counsel to an EPC contractor that provided consultancy services to an owner as part of the owner’s integrated project management team of a mega-project refinery modernization and upgrade located in South America.
- Defended multi-million dollar breach of contract claim by successfully establishing owner’s delay, impact and differing-site-condition claim by the general contractor and its subcontractor.
- Counsel to several nationwide homebuilders and developers for all types of litigation ranging from breach of contract, liens, construction defect, insurance coverage, real estate, toxic tort and catastrophic personal injury and death claims.
- Defended a general contractor multi-million dollar construction defect claim brought by developer of a $100+ million commercial building project. The client paid nothing out-of-pocket and recouped most of its attorneys’ fees and expenses from its subcontractors and their insurers.
- Defended a general contractor in large scale, multi-million dollar construction defect claim brought by developer of a $40 million commercial building project. The client paid nothing out-of-pocket and recouped most of its attorneys’ fees and expenses from its subcontractors and their insurers.
- Represented client in prosecution of property damage claim following a vessel-platform collision following Hurricane Rita. Obtained a favorable settlement for client.
- Defended against personal injury claim arising out of vessel capsizing off the coast of Trinidad. Client received 100 percent defense verdict, which was affirmed by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully defended against numerous claims under the Jones Act, the Longshore Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, and state law claims under the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2003
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2000
ADMISSIONS : Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Rate : $$$