Chuck is a veteran trial and appellate lawyer whose practice has spanned a broad spectrum of intellectual property litigation for more than 30 years. He uses his experience to achieve client-focused solutions to intellectual property issues.
Chuck has served as lead counsel in numerous patent, trademark, false advertising, unfair competition, copyright, and trade secret lawsuits in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
He is an experienced appellate advocate in intellectual property cases, having argued more than fifteen cases in various US courts of appeals, including patent matters before the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and trademark and copyright cases before the regional federal courts of appeals, including the Second, Fourth and Ninth Circuits.
He successfully tried the first patent jury case on behalf of the plaintiff before the Hon. Rodney Gilstrap of the Eastern District of Texas in Marshall, Texas, winning a jury verdict of willful infringement that was later upheld on appeal.
In addition, he has litigated antitrust counterclaims in patent litigation, as well as independent antitrust claims arising from the use or enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Chuck’s practice further encompasses Section 337 litigation before the International Trade Commission (ITC) and arbitration proceedings involving intellectual property claims. He is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and Virginia.
- Law360 Intellectual Property Editorial Advisory Board, 2016
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (Trade Secrets Committee)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPA)
- American Intellectual Property Association
- International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
- Union Internationale des Avocats
- Advisory Board Member, BNA Pharmaceutical Law & Industry Report
- Master of the Bench and Founding Member, The Pauline Newman IP American Inn of Court in Alexandria, Virginia
- JD, Villanova University School of Law, Member, Villanova Law Review, 1978
- BA, History, Williams College, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1975
Rate : $$$