Charles Everingham has had a distinguished career in both public service and private practice. He is a former magistrate judge in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, among the busiest patent litigation courts in the Nation. He joined Akin Gump in 2011 as a partner in the Intellectual Property Group.
- Prosecuted trade secret misappropriation case for neurosurgeon in case involving spinal implant technology. Obtained favorable jury verdict for client and ongoing royalty in separate bench trial. Affirmed by the Federal Circuit.
- Defended patent infringement case alleging infringement of email software technology. Two patents were declared invalidated and case was dismissed. Affirmed by the Federal Circuit.
- Defended a mobile telephone company against claims of infringement. Court found non-infringement and case was dismissed.
- Defended patent infringement case involving online hospitality system. Patent was declared invalid and case was dismissed.
- Ruled in numerous Markman proceedings and trials of complex patent cases.
- Focuses private practice on patent litigation.
- Former U.S. Magistrate Judge in the Eastern District of Texas.
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, cum laude, 1993
- B.A., Stephen F. Austin State University,cum laude, 1989
Clerkships:U.S.D.C., Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$