Charles W. Ferguson, shareholder in the Nashville office, practices primarily in the Health Care Group. Mr. Ferguson concentrates his practice on advising large and small corporations and physician practice groups as well as tax exempt entities in the context of health care related mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
His clients have included physician practice management companies, individual physicians, physician groups and ambulatory surgery centers. Mr. Ferguson regularly advises health care clients with regard to federal and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws, corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting prohibitions as well as general contracting issues.
Although a substantial portion of Mr. Ferguson’s practice is related to advising health care related clients, he also advises other clients in connection with general corporate transactions such as asset and stock purchases, merger transactions, private securities offerings as well as ongoing contractual and business planning needs.
Mr. Ferguson has represented many types of companies and their shareholders from a variety of industries who are seeking to acquire other companies. He also has represented companies and shareholders who have received offers to sell. Mr. Ferguson regularly advises clients from the initial stages of such negotiations through the letter of intent and negotiation of definitive documents.
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 1995, cum laude
- Baylor University, Master of Taxation, 1989
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A. in Real Estate, 1987
- Tennessee, 2018
- Texas, 2014
- Mississippi, 1995
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Chair – Business Law Section of Mississippi Bar (2005 – 2006)
- Editor – Business Law Section of Mississippi Bar Newsletter (Spring 2003)
Rate : $$$