Charles A. Gall’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and arbitration. Chuck has significant experience in representing clients in complex commercial litigation involving such issues as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, securities fraud, common law fraud, conversion, and other business torts.
He also has experience in fiduciary litigation, primarily as counsel for trustees and trust companies.
Chuck is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, the Northern District of Texas, and the Western District of Texas.
- Defended major bank in substantial breach of fiduciary duty claims arising from oil and gas leasing activities in the Eagle Ford Shale.
- Defended major bank in securities fraud claims relating to auction rate CDO’s.
- Defended major bank in securities fraud claims arising from sale of bonds issued by a municipality that subsequently defaulted.
- Defended major bank in securities litigation arising from the collapse of Enron Corporation.
- Defended major brokerage firms in litigation and arbitrations relating to alleged research analyst fraud.
- Regularly represents major brokerage firms in substantial customer disputes.
- Frequently represents trust companies in probate and fiduciary litigation.
- Substantial experience in litigation relating to credit default swap agreements and other derivatives.
- Trial experience includes both the successful defense and prosecution of complex claims.
- Representative clients include many of the nation’s major banks and brokerage firms and other clients as diverse as Fortune 100 corporations and an internationally known rock band.
- Tried jury and non-jury cases in the state and federal courts, and has extensive experience in arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association, the New York Stock Exchange, and the NASD.
- JD, University of Oklahoma, 1975
- BA, Oklahoma State University, 1972
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Dallas Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$