Charles K. Grant is a veteran litigator who has tried more than 50 jury trials to verdict in both federal and state courts, and represented numerous clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings across more than a dozen states.
Mr. Grant represents clients in complex employment litigation, including collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act, as well as business litigation matters. He is a shareholder in the Firm’s Nashville office and a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors.
Mr. Grant’s clients also include licensed professionals, such as lawyers, physicians and dentists, whom he has represented before licensing boards. Mr. Grant was profiled in the February 2014 online publication Diversity, Inc., and in the Spring 2011 issue of the Firm’s Diversity Matters newsletter.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- The Citadel, B.S., 1988
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for Vermont
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Favorable resolution in defense of publicly-traded insurer in collective action under federal Fair Labor Standards Act over allegations it misclassified its insurance appraisers in twelve states.
- Favorable resolution in defense of publicly-traded national restaurant chain in collective action under federal Fair Labor Standards Act with putative class of over 550 members.
- Obtained summary judgment in federal district court on behalf of public employer in case alleging termination of employment was retaliation in violation of First Amendment rights.
- Obtained summary judgment victory in federal district court on behalf of transportation company over allegations of sexual harassment and hostile work environment under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Past President, Nashville Bar Association (2014)
- Recipient, Trailblazer Award, Napier-Looby Bar Association (2017)
- Member, Tennessee Supreme Court Advisory Commission on the Rules of Practice and Procedure
- Member, National Employment Law Council
- Trustee, Nashville Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Tennessee Bar Association
- Recipient, Tennessee Bar Association Harris Gilbert Pro Bono Award (2009)
- Recipient, Baker Donelson Firm-wide Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (2008)
- Recipient, Nashville Pro Bono Program Volunteer of the Year Award (2004)
- Member, Board of Directors, YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee
Rate : $$$$