Mr. Charles J. Schneider maintains his law practice at the law office of Charles J. Schneider, P.C., in Livonia, Michigan, where he has worked exclusively in the field of consumer bankruptcy since 1984. He manages an exclusive practice averaging 30 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy cases per month.
Mr. Schneider has been certified and re-certified in consumer bankruptcy by the American Board of Certification, sponsored by the American Bankruptcy Institute, since 1995.
Mr. Schneider received his B.A. and his J.D. degrees from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts in the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. Schneider is a member of the State Bar of Michigan; National Association of Chapter Thirteen Trustees (NACTT); the Detroit, Livonia, and Oakland County Bar Associations; Consumer Bankruptcy Association; National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys; and the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI).
He has participated as a contributor, speaker and panelist on ABI, NACTT, ICLE and OnePath Practice Management Advisors panels regarding the representation of debtors in bankruptcy cases. Mr. Schneider is a contributing author to ICLE’s “Handling Consumer and Small Business Bankruptcies.”
He is a contributing author to the “Inside The Minds” series of publications by Thomson Reuters/Aspatore in Best Practices For Chapter 13: The Cases, Clients and Challenges Of Filing A Chapter 13: A Forward Looking Approach (2012) and Strategies For Consumer Bankruptcy Appeals: The Nuances Of The Consumer Bankruptcy Process (2012).
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
J.D. – 1977
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
Honors: With Distinction
Major: Political Science
Professional Associations And Memberships :
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, 1985 – Present
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees, 1990 – Present
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, from 2002 to Present
- Consumer Bankruptcy Association of Detroit, Member Board of Directors
- State of Michigan Bar Association.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association, Debtor‐Creditor Section
- Livonia Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- United States Supreme Court, 2011
Rate : $$$$