Charles F. Johns concentrates his practice in trial work with a focus on professional liability and energy litigation. He has extensive trial experience in both state and federal courts. He has tried cases throughout the state of West Virginia and also Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
He also argues cases before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals. He regularly defends doctors, nurses, hospitals, nursing homes, and long term care facilities.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in a matter before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, enforcing a provision permitting fixed rate post-production costs to be deducted from an oil and gas lessor’s royalty payments
- Obtained a denial of class certification, in favor of gas company, over Plaintiff’s attempt to certify a class for purposes of obtaining a bright-line ruling from a West Virginia court regarding coalbed methane ownership and entitlement to escrowed royalties
- Tried multiple cases to verdict for a national nursing home chain defending claims for malpractice, alleged understaffing, false documentation, and other issues
- Coordinated and directed internal investigation of slurry impoundment failure with fatality and defending resulting death claim
- Defended multiple cases alleging injury and/or death underground
- J.D. University of Virginia
- B.A. Stanford University
Memberships : West Virginia Hospital Association
Rate : $$$