Charles W. Johnson IV represents clients before Congress and the executive branch on a diverse set of policy matters, with an emphasis on automotive, congressional investigations, energy, environmental and international trade issues. Charlie also provides strategic counsel on major corporate transactions, as federal policy makers review their potential legal, regulatory and policy implications.
Active in Democratic politics throughout his career, Charlie has campaigned for candidates for the presidency, Senate and House of Representatives, and advised and recruited for election voter-protection operations. Charlie served as a law clerk on the Democratic staff of the House Judiciary Committee.
Charlie is the Hiring Partner for Akin Gump’s Washington, D.C. office
- Has been active in Democratic politics for more than two decades.
- More than 25 years of legal, policy and advocacy experience in Washington.
- Advised a client in developing U.S. policy maker interest, support and advocacy for amendments to an offshore concessions agreement.
- Advised a client responding to a major federal investigation and enforcement proceeding.
- Analyzed and conveyed perspectives regarding potential national security implications of a proposed corporate transaction.
- Advised a client regarding the legal, policy and political implications of a major proposed U.S. natural resource development project.
- Advised a client pursuing economic relief under international arbitration provisions of a U.S. free trade agreement.
- Board Member, Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs.
- Board Member, Camp Dudley Foundation.
- Leadership Council, Gifts for the Homeless, Inc.
- President, Akin Gump School Partnership Project, Inc., sponsoring the firm’s long-standing partnership with John Tyler Elementary School in the District of Columbia.
- J.D., The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, 1994
- B.A., Gettysburg College, 1989
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$