C. Mark Stevenson is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Tax and International Law Practice Group. Mark focuses his practice on transactional and taxation matters relating to limited liability companies, partnerships, and other pass-through entities.
He advises clients on the United States federal and Florida state tax implications of transactions as well as the non-tax aspects of business relationships. Mark is experienced in structuring business ventures using corporations, LLCs and partnerships, and preparing related agreements.
He also regularly advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, organizing real estate joint ventures, and emerging and other closely-held businesses. Mark is a frequent lecturer on limited liability companies and Section 1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Structuring mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, including the use of tax-favored pass-through entities
- Advises and structures deferred and reverse-deferred like-kind exchanges of real estate
- Structures stock and asset sales
- Prepares limited liability operating agreements
- Represents corporate clients in controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and the Florida Department of Revenue
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- University of Miami School of Business, M.B.A., Corporate Finance, with honors
- University of Florida College of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Central Florida, B.S., Finance, with honors
Rate : $$$