Charles K. Reed is a partner in the Atlanta office of Lewis Brisbois and a vice-chair of the Products Liability Practice. He has defended automotive, aviation, medical device, industrial equipment, recreational product, watercraft, and other manufacturers and distributors in product liability lawsuits, including at trial.
Mr. Reed has appeared in courts in practically every region of the country – not just his native Southeast but also the Northeast, Midwest, Mountain Region, Southwest, and West Coast. In his more than 25 years of litigation experience, Mr. Reed has handled a variety of class actions, including environmental class actions and ones related to cybersecurity and data breaches.
He has represented automotive clients in product liability class actions, and has also assisted automotive industry clients in their dealings with various government agencies such as NHTSA. Other types of lawsuits Mr. Reed has managed for his clients include intellectual property litigation, complex commercial litigation, and transportation litigation. He has also guided various document and data collection projects to assist clients in coordinating discovery efforts.
Through his work with Asia-based automotive clients, Mr. Reed became highly knowledgeable of the needs of Asian businesses. This experience, as well as his work defending Japanese manufacturers of boat engines, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and other products, led him to become the co-chair of our Japan Practice.
Mr. Reed is also the co-chair of our Chinese Business & Litigation Practice, and represents Chinese manufacturers in product liability litigation in courts across the United States.
Additionally, Mr. Reed often serves as an instructor on the topics of trial practice and trial techniques. He is also one of four members of our firm’s nationwide Pro Bono Committee, which oversees all pro bono work handled by lawyers across all of our offices.
- Mercer University School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1990
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Science, 1986
- State Bar Admissions
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- State Supreme Courts, Georgia Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$