Charles Salem Hallab is a Corporate & Securities partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office. He advises clients on a variety of international corporate and commercial matters, with a focus on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other cross-border transactions and arrangements.
Charles serves as chair of the firm’s Middle East Practice and is a leader of the International Joint Venture & Strategic Alliance Practice. Charles advises clients on a variety of international corporate and commercial matters, with particular emphasis on international business combinations and collaborations, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other ongoing bilateral or multilateral contractual arrangements.
Charles manages a variety of corporate and commercial transactions inbound to, and outbound from, the Middle East, with a focus on GCC countries such as Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
- The George Washington University, BA
- Georgetown University – The Robert Emmet McDonough School of Business, MBA
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD
- District of Columbia
- Executive Board Member, U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council
- Member, Lawyers Club of Chicago
- Board Member, The Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Member, Sons of the American Revolution
- Member, The Executives’ Club of Chicago
- Member, US-Arab Chamber of Commerce
- Represented a large Chinese conglomerate on a billion dollar acquisition, joint venture and development project in Hawaii, as well as subsequent acquisitions of beverage companies.
- Represented Starbucks in a series of international commercial alliances / contractual joint ventures with Kraft providing for the supply, production, global distribution and reverse distribution of coffee and coffee products and the license of intellectual property related thereto.
- Represented a major auto parts manufacturer in an international joint venture and license arrangement in India for the regional manufacturing and distribution of automotive parts.
- Represented Innovene in the separation/spin-off of its olefins chemicals and derivatives business, including spearheading the review, negotiation, drafting and implementation of a vast and complex network of commercial agreements covering interface, supply, services, logistics, and cooperation.
- Represented a large US procurement and logistics company in the implementation of several complex global procurement agreements with various large-scale suppliers of office supplies and services.
- Represented a major defense contractor on large offset projects in Saudi Arabia and the UAE, including with respect to commercial and compliance aspects.
- Represented a large US electronics manufacturer in a variety of corporate and commercial matters and agreements relating to the Middle East, including with respect to a Saudi Arabian manufacturing joint venture.
- Represented over 100 US and multinational companies entering, partnering and/or expanding in the Middle East through various corporate or commercial transactions and arrangements.
- Represented a Canadian company in an international joint venture with a US company for the global development and monetization of carbon offset credits resulting from industrial forestation projects.
Rate : $$$