Charles Thimmesch is a patent attorney who counsels clients on the importance of having an “all of the above” approach to intellectual property, and who asserts and defends claims of patent infringement and other IP claims.
Included in Charles’ well-rounded intellectual property experience are his successful assertion of patent infringement in arbitration against a multinational electronics manufacturing company and his attainment of a dismissal on behalf of a semiconductor manufacturer in an investigation before the International Trade Commission (ITC).
He has drafted and prosecuted patents, and he has aided companies analyzing intellectual property assets in various transactions. Charles is also a registered Georgia neutral.
In law school, Charles worked full time at the ITC for Chief Administrative Law Judge Charles E. Bullock. He gained additional experience working in-house at Eastman Chemical Company.
His scholastic achievements include membership on the Georgia Law Review and Moot Court Board. He graduated magna cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. Prior to law school, Charles worked in pharmaceutical drug development at Covance Laboratories after studying biochemistry.
Representative Matters :
- Successfully represented an international manufacturer of water heaters and HVAC equipment in a trade secret dispute, including securing attorneys’ fees.
- Representing a privately held business association in a trademark dispute against an international auto manufacturer.
- In the Matter of CERTAIN SILICON-ON-INSULATOR WAFERS, United States International Trade Commission, Investigation No. 337-TA-1025, represented Soitec, which was accused of infringing two patents directed to silicon wafer manufacturing. Case settled before trial.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Board of Directors, Advisory Board, Georgia PATENTS (2018-present)
- Fellow, Atlanta Legal Aid (2017)
- Chair, National Moot Court Competition (2017-present)
Professional Experience : Covance Laboratories, 2010-2013
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2016
- University of Wisconsin – La Crosse, B.S., 2010, Biochemistry
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$