Charles Wu is a Partner in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP. Charles has extensive experience in a wide range of corporate, securities and transactional matters, including mergers involving both public and private companies, public and private offerings of securities, stock and asset acquisitions and sales, compliance with securities laws, joint ventures, corporate governance and commercial contracts.
Charles represents numerous prominent Asia-based companies and investment funds in connection with their cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, financings and other business activities in the United States.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of a Chicago based NASDAQ listed company in connection with its SEC compliance and general corporate matters
- Representation of the largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer in the world in connection with its restructuring efforts in the U.S.
- Representation of a Chinese public company in connection with its proposed acquisition of an Illinois based genetic testing lab
- Representation of a Chinese public company in connection with its proposed acquisition of certain assets from SunEdison in Chapter 11
- Representation of Hybrid Kinetic, a Hong Kong listed company, in its proposed acquisition of a majority interest in a NYSE listed electric motor manufacturer based in Colorado
- Representation of a Chinese public company in its proposed acquisition of the electric motor business from a U.S. based Fortune 50 company for approximately $1.2 billion
- Representation of the founder and controlling shareholder of a China based auto parts manufacturer in the proposed going private transaction and subsequent delisting from NASDAQ
- Representation of Chengdu Tianbao Heavy Industry Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of a Wisconsin based environmental technology company for approximately $80 million
- Representation of the Chicago branch of Bank of China in a series of commercial loans and mortgages to borrowers in the U.S.
- Representation the U.S. subsidiaries of a major Chinese heavy equipment manufacturer in making a series of investments in the U.S. and general corporate matters
- Represented a Hong Kong based private equity fund, in its proxy fight involving a China-based Cayman company listed on NYSE
- Representation of a major Chinese state-owned automobile manufacturer in its $200 million acquisition of certain IP assets from a Swedish automotive manufacturer
- Representation of a UK based private equity fund, in its acquisition of a controlling interest in a China based restaurant chain for approximately RMB 200 million
- Representation of a number of U.S. manufacturers in connection with setting up their wholly-owned subsidiaries and/or joint ventures in China
- Representation of an Oklahoma based oil and gas exploration and production public company in a three-way combination with a Nevada public corporation and a private Delaware limited partnership for a transaction value of approximately $100 million
- Representation of the parent of a Chicago-based major futures and options exchange, in its merger with a financial and derivative exchange (market value of approximately $12 billion as of closing), as well as the evaluation and negotiation of an unsolicited third party offer after the merger agreement has been entered into
- Representation of a Fortune 50 major telecommunication company in its acquisition of a transportation management software company based in Minnesota
- Representation of a private equity fund in its leveraged buyout of a California-based ski resort for a deal value of approximately $350 million
- Representation of a Wisconsin based Fortune 100 company in its exchange offer of outstanding convertible senior notes and equity units
- Counsel, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Associate, Mayer Brown LLP
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2003
- Master of Urban Planning, University of Illinois, 2000
- M.S., Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 1996
- B.S., Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 1993
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$