Charlie Zhao helps clients acquire, protect and manage their intellectual property, with a particular emphasis in patent-related matters. He has prepared and prosecuted patent applications for domestic and foreign clients in a number of diverse technology fields, including electronic circuitry, computer networking, semiconductor devices, software, telecommunications, and mechanical devices. Further, he has experience supporting patent analytics, patent litigation and patent licensing.
While Charlie regularly serves the intellectual property needs of large corporations, he also enjoys counseling startups or individuals in developing their very first intellectual property asset.
Fluent in written and spoken Chinese, Charlie is knowledgeable in intellectual property laws in China, and his multicultural experience extends to patent applications prosecuted in various foreign jurisdictions, including China, Germany, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and the European Patent Office.
Conversely, he is well-versed in assisting foreign clients to acquire and manage patent assets in the United States.
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- M.S., Lamar University (Computer Science)
- B.S., Shanghai University of Sport
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Washington State Patent Law Association
- Seattle Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Asian Bar Association of Washington
Rate : $$$