Charlotte A. Combre practices exclusively in the area of healthcare law, focusing primarily on the regulatory compliance of healthcare organizations. She has a depth of experience advising and representing healthcare clients on Medicare and Medicaid provider enrollment, billing and claims reimbursement, as well as state licensure and survey and accreditation matters.
Representative clients include hospitals and hospital systems, physician groups, surgery centers, rehabilitation agencies, home health agencies, behavioral health facilities, IDTFs, long-term care facilities, ID/DD agencies, pharmacies, clinical laboratories and DMEPOS suppliers.
Charlotte has advised clients in relation to stock and asset acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and internal reorganizations on transferring and obtaining permits, licenses and registrations, Medicaid and Medicare certifications, and billing privileges.
Her practice includes structuring for compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, assisting with setting up entities, applying for NPIs, filing CMS 855 enrollment and state Medicaid applications. Charlotte also works with providers on revalidations of their Medicare and Medicaid enrollment and maintaining accurate PECOS records.
In addition, she assist clients with initial state licensure applications and surveys, licensure updates and preparation of plans of correction. She also assist clients with initial CLIA applications, as well as maintaining and renewing CLIA certificates of waiver, provider performed microscopy, registration, compliance and accreditation certificates.
Charlotte regularly speaks on healthcare regulations, including having spoken at various seminars on the fundamentals of Medicare and Medicaid, and the retention and confidentiality of medical records.
- Advising a client in connection with multiple complex transactions involving acquisitions and arrangements with other healthcare providers and entities, including analysis of transactions, filing of licensure applications and notices, and preparing and filing more than 1,000 provider enrollment applications.
- Advising a client regarding Medicaid and Medicare enrollment and claims reimbursement, Part D audits, pharmacy benefits manager participation and DME enrollment for its pharmacies.
- Preparing and advising on Medicare Provider Enrollment forms for Part A and Part B providers and DMEPOS suppliers, as wells 855Is and 855R for individual practitioners.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- GABWA Foundation: Board Member
- American Bar Association: Health Law Section
- Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
- State Bar of Georgia, Health Law Section: Past Chair
- Leadership DeKalb, Class of 2004
- Junior League of DeKalb County
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Bobby Dodd Institute, Inc.: Board Member
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 1997
- B.A., Louisiana State University, 1988
Rate : $$$$