Charlotte J. Kim is a partner in the New York office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where her practice focuses on global corporate finance with particular expertise in the energy, healthcare, life sciences and biotech, software, retail, manufacturing, aviation, materials science, foodtech, agtech, and technology sectors. Charlotte has structured, negotiated, and closed more than 180 transactions with a total value exceeding $20 billion.
Charlotte specializes in corporate finance, energy efficiency finance, project finance, acquisition finance, healthcare finance, and related merger and acquisition transactions. She has extensive experience advising public and private companies, private equity investors, growth capital investors, venture capital funds, family offices, financial institutions, institutional investors, and multilateral agencies on debt capital structures and financing needs throughout the life cycle of the enterprise, from start-up through operations, acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, and investments. She also works with companies, financial institutions and equity investors on all aspects of cash-flow and asset-based financings.
Charlotte’s transactional experience includes senior, mezzanine, subordinated, and other junior financings; buyout and acquisition finance; private placements and debt securities offerings; venture debt; project finance; energy efficiency finance; securitizations; lease financings; related derivative transactions; joint ventures and other equity investments; and restructuring transactions, both in and out of bankruptcy. In addition, she has completed numerous cross-border transactions and investments involving the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Prior to joining the firm, Charlotte was a partner at Choate Hall & Stewart in Boston. Earlier in her career, she practiced at both Chadbourne & Parke and Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy in New York. Before attending law school, Charlotte was a Fulbright Scholar at the Centre for European Policy Studies in Brussels, Belgium.Charlotte is fluent in French and has knowledge of Korean and Spanish.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1995
- A.B., Social Studies, Harvard University, 1991
Magna Cum Laude; Recipient, Harvard Scholarship for Academic Achievement; Senior Staff Writer,Harvard International Review; Recipient of a Thomas T. Hoopes Prize, given for outstanding theses
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Working Group, Innovations in CHP Contract Terms and Conditions Program (New York)
- Member, National Advisory Committee for the 2015 ACEEE (American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy) National Energy Efficiency Finance Forum, “A Critical Moment”
- Co-chair, Legal Peer Review Committee, truSolar
- Co-chair, National Committee on Energy, Environment, and Sustainability, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Board Director, Energy Infotech (New York)
- Board Director and Past Chairperson, Asia-America Chamber of Commerce
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation (2008-2009)
- Founding Director, New England Women in Energy & the Environment, 2009-2012
- President, Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts (2008-2010)
- Member, International Law Committee (2000-2003) and Council on International Affairs (2004-2007), New York City Bar Association
- State Bar of Massachusetts
- State Bar of New York
Rate : $$$