Chelsea Lamb is an associate in the government investigations, compliance and financial services litigation, and business litigation practices. With practiced efficiency, she assists clients in a variety of complex litigation matters. Chelsea is also adept at assisting utility clients with eminent domain proceedings.
As part of the government investigations and financial services practice group, Chelsea assists clients with responding to government inquiries, managing civil and criminal investigations, and proceeding to trial. She also counsels clients on a variety of litigation matters, including contract and property-related issues.
She assists utility clients with navigating the statutory requirements of exercising eminent domain rights and represents utilities in eminent domain proceedings. Chelsea draws on her experience as a law clerk to the Honorable C. Ashley Royal, where she engaged on issues involving criminal and civil matters under federal and state law.
While living in Macon, Georgia, she was an active participant in the law school community and the Macon Bar Association. Prior to becoming an attorney, Chelsea worked in the freight forwarding and logistics industry. She continues to use her background in finance and logistics to support her clients today.
In her pro bono work, Chelsea uses her experience as a law clerk to assist with habeas petitions in federal court. She also helps veterans and others with the preparation of wills and financial powers of attorney.
Representative Matters :
- Represents a privately held company in connection with federal and state inquiries and investigations regarding a data breach issue.
- Represented a former employee of a healthcare company in connection with a DOJ investigation related to False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute issues.
- Advises payment processor clients on licensure requirements under federal and state laws.
- Assisted in the representation of a large publicly traded company regarding whistleblower claims made by a former employee.
- Represents electric and telephone utilities in connection with the exercise of eminent domain.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia
Professional Experience :
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable C. Ashley Royal of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Legal Intern, FedEx Ground, 2013
- Team Leader of Ocean Exports Booking and Traffic, Page International, 2010-2012
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015, Senior Managing Editor, Mercer Law Review; Representative, Student Bar Association
- University of Georgia, B.A., with honors, 2010, Finance
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$