Cheri A. Budzynski is with a strong background in environmental compliance, regulatory compliance, OSHA, and permitting, Cheri represents clients in a broad range of industries, including industrial, manufacturing, and agribusiness. A management-side attorney for more than 10 years, Cheri counsels clients on day-to-day environmental compliance and other administrative issues at their facilities.
Clients draw on the fact she frequently works with Ohio EPA, U.S. EPA, and the Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission regarding environmental regulations, thus, allowing her to effectively and efficiently, advise clients on regulations on both the state and federal level and seek changes to regulations that impact their business by providing input to the regulatory agencies and, if necessary, appealing the regulations.
Colleagues and clients alike also look to Cheri for her ability to successfully handle sophisticated permit issues, including permits under the Title V and New Source Review Provisions of the Clean Air Act, the NPDES program under the Clean Water Act, and construction and operation permits. In addition to her environmental practice, Cheri also advises clients on contractual agreements related to equine law.
- J.D., magna cum laude, The University of Toledo, Order of the Coif, 2007
- Ph.D., Experimental Psychology, Bowling Green State University, 2001
- M.A., Experimental Psychology, Bowling Green State University, 1998
- B.A., summa cum laude, Lourdes College, 1995
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio, 2007
- Florida, 2008
- United States District Court Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit
- Advises the Ohio Utility Group, a trade organization, on regulatory updates from Ohio EPA and U.S. EPA
- Represented a large Utility in litigation of its National Pollution Discharge Elimination System Permit
- Represented Ohio Utilities in Petitions for Review of federal regulations in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia and Sixth Circuit
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- Toledo Women’s Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- President, Toledo Women’s Bar Association
- Past Social Media Vice Chair, American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Air Quality Committee
Rate : $$$$