Cherie S. Raidy is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. She works with major corporations and financial institution clients on a variety of representations, including consumer financial litigation and class actions, and mortgage lending litigation cases.
Ms. Raidy is a member of the Finance & Financial Institutions, Real Estate, Transactional & Securities, Public Finance, and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practices and the Hospitality & Leisure Industry Team.
Specifically, Ms. Raidy focuses her practice on commercial lending, finance, real estate and business transactions, including commercial loan documentation, synthetic leases, corporate trust, project finance and energy, communications and media-related companies, the acquisition and disposition of hotels, office buildings, leases, and other real property projects, real estate finance, foreclosure, workouts and the representation of financial institutions and multinational corporations.
She also has experience in corporate negotiations and drafting of management buyout agreements, asset and stock purchase agreements, and represents private equity funds engaged in the acquisition of distressed companies.
Ms. Raidy represents large corporations and financial institutional clients in a variety of matters.
- Representation of JP Morgan Chase in health finance transactions, loan transactions and work-outs
- Representation of Wells Fargo Bank in commercial lending matters
- Representation of Citigroup in commercial real estate lending and commercial lending transactions throughout the U.S.
- Representation of HCA as California supervising counsel in the $3.2 billion financing transaction with a national lender
- Representation of the Transportation Corridor System as Special Acquisition Counsel for the $4.2 billion asset purchase transaction for the Foothill Eastern and San Joaquin toll road extensions in Southern California
- Representing GE Capital in the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Tribe dba Phoenix Cement Company $80,000,000 loan syndication in Phoenix, Arizona for the construction of cement production facilities
- Representing Bank of America on the Sherman Oaks Galleria syndication and the Staples Center adjacent buildings and parking lots construction loans
- Representing Comerica as Agent on a real estate syndication and building loans in four states
- Representing State Street National Bank and Trust Company in California, on various syndication leases, off-balance sheet financings, and sale-leaseback financings, for the Calpine Geothermal Projects, The Arrowhead Pond, Metrolink and other large project financings, all in amounts exceeding $100,000,000
Education : Ms. Raidy graduated magna cum laudefrom USC and received her J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law.
Ms. Raidy was appointed to the UCLA Ziman Center of Real Estate – LACBA Benjamin S. Crocker Symposium on Real Estate Law and Business for 2011, which organizes the symposium. She also served on the University of Southern California (USC) Law School Institute – LACBA Benjamin S. Crocker Symposium on Real Estate Law and Business 2004 committee.
Representative Matters :
- Represented Wells Fargo in commercial lending and real estate collateral financing. Foley reviewed the ESOP structure and various lending issues, and other lending transactions in the Inland Empire of California.
- Represented Northern Trust in the work-out of a loan and sale of business and real estate in California.
- Represented JP Morgan Chase in a complicated financing of the Harrison Medical Center facilities. The Harrison Medical Center had existing financing with the Washington Housing Authority, various MTA, financing, and real estate issues.
- Represented Citigroup in commercial real estate lending and commercial lending transactions throughout the United States. Reviewed trust issues and matters and updated Citigroup for a financing project. Foley represented Citigroup on lending issues in Chicago, Illinois and the Midwest.
- Represented the Transportation Corridor System as Special Acquisition Counsel for the $4.2 billion-asset purchase transaction for the Foothill Eastern and San Joaquin toll road extensions in Southern California.
- Represented Citigroup in commercial real estate lending and commercial lending transactions throughout the United States.
Rate : $$$