Cheryl Possenti is a founding partner of the firm and has more than 30 years’ experience in the defense of complex personal injury actions. With a practice that focuses on product liability matters and related litigation, plus extensive experience that includes defending high-profile, high-exposure class actions and professional and medical malpractice claims, Cheryl helps clients navigate the regulatory terrain set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and other agencies.
A respected counselor to the makers of toys and other children’s products, small appliance manufacturers, and many others, Cheryl assists clients in maintaining CPSC compliance, manages product safety litigation, helps coordinate effective product recalls — both limited and widespread — and advises on mandatory government reporting and the assessment of civil penalties.
Over the course of the past 20 years, she has handled more than 150 issues involving the CPSC, and serves as counsel to two of the world’s foremost toy and children’s products manufacturers.
- DRI, Product Liability Committee and Children’s Products Specialized Litigation Group, past chair and current panel counsel liaison
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County; Negligence Committee and Health Law Committee
- Society of Product Licensors Committed to Excellence, served on the Board of Directors
- International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1982 (Buffalo Law Review, Senior Editor)
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., 1978
Rate : $$$