Cheryl Kilborn practices exclusively in the area of U.S. corporate immigration law. She is experienced in representing small, medium and large multinational corporations across various industries on a range of challenges affecting the international movement of people.
She counsels employers on immigration strategy and facilitates compliance with Department of Labor, Department of State and Department of Homeland Security requirements.
Her practice encompasses supporting clients with a range of nonimmigrant visas, including H-1B, L Blanket, L-1A, L-1B, and TN visas, as well as with PERM labor certifications, and Multinational Manager and Executive petitions.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Cheryl served as the Immigration Practice Group leader for a multi-practice firm. Cheryl has worked closely with for-profit and not-for-profit companies to ensure that their foreign employees had the appropriate status to allow them to work in the United States (temporarily and permanently) and to return to the U.S. after trips abroad.
During law school, Cheryl served as a Judicial Extern with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Additionally, she worked as a Legal Extern with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. She was also Articles Editor of Chicago-Kent’s Journal of International and Comparative Law.
- Managed nonimmigrant and immigrant employment-based visa applications, including PERM Labor Certifications, and complex Blanket L and TN applications
- Coordinated and managed the H-1B cap filing process for a high-volume IT consulting firm with third-party placement of its employees
- Advised and represented clients at adjustment of status, removal of conditions and naturalization interviews at USCIS
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law | J.D., 2011, cum laude
- California State University, San Jose | B.Sc., 2002
Bar Admissions: Illinois
Court Admissions: U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Rate : $$$$