Chester is a lifelong Alaskan and began his legal career as a law clerk for Justice Alexander O. Bryner of the Alaska Supreme Court. Within a year, he would argue his first case before the Court. During his early years of practice, he split his time between Anchorage and Bethel, representing rural Alaskans.
As a felony lawyer at the Alaska Public Defender Agency, Chester tried dozens of cases, including high-profile acquittals on murder charges, and was named the Alaska Public Defender Agency’s 2010 Litigator of the Year.
In private practice, Chester has been recognized as a super lawyer in the area of medical malpractice and personal injury. His recent notable cases include:
- Obtaining numerous dismissals on behalf of local health care providers and Alaska’s largest hospital, including cases in which the plaintiff has claimed millions in damages.
- Reversing an Alaska Department of Health and Social Services’ Medicaid overpayment finding and returning hundreds of thousands of dollars to his rural hospital client.
- Representing a local law firm in a contractual dispute with a national firm of hundreds of lawyers over Exxon Valdez oil spill attorney’s fees.
- Representing numerous private health care practitioners on issues such as HIPAA compliance, data security, and Medicaid and Medicare fraud allegations.
- Representing airplane pilots and manufacturers in cases involving severe and deadly injury.
Rate : $$$$