Chi Yuan “Calvin” Chen is a Patent Agent in the Atlanta office of Locke Lord LLP. He has drafted numerous patent applications in English and Chinese, and in a variety of areas including mechanics, electronics, semi-conductor apparatus and e-commerce. Calvin counsels clients in intellectual property law, particularly in U.S. patent prosecution strategies.
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese, he has over ten years of patent prosecution experience, working as a patent engineer for the Top Team International Patent Office and the Koutoku Patent and Trademark Office in Taipei, Taiwan.
Professional History :
- Patent Agent, Locke Lord LLP
- Patent Agent, Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Patent Engineer, Top Team International Patent Office
- Patent Engineer, Koutoku Patent and Trademark Office
- J.D., University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2010
- President, Taiwanese Student Association
- Teaching Assistant, Patent Practice & Procedure
- Master of Intellectual Property, University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2006
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1998
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1996
Admissions : New York, 2012
Admitted To Practice : U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$