Chip Presten guides clients through the various legal and regulatory aspects of transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, and securities. Chip represents clients in private equity transactions, acquisition and divestiture of public and private companies, and offerings of debt and equity securities.
Chip also represents private equity funds and their investors in connection with fund formation issues, securities law issues and portfolio company transactions, and he has advised companies being acquired by or seeking capital from such funds.
In addition, he has represented pension funds and other institutional investors in connection with their ongoing investment management activities. Chip has experience counseling clients in multiple industries through a wide variety of transactions.
His work with energy companies includes the successful completion of acquisitions, project developments, and financings totaling more than $20 billion. As a former bank regulator, Chip has significant experience in the financial services sector.
Chip also provides his clients with counsel on general corporate matters including fiduciary obligations and duties of directors and officers, preparation of annual and quarterly reports, proxy statements and shareholder meeting materials, Section 16 short-swing trading and insider reporting concerns, and Rule 144 and Rule 145 requirements.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1991, magna cum laude
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York Banking School, Winter 1988
- Washington and Lee University, B.S. in accounting, 1985
ADMISSIONS : Georgia, 1991
- Counsel to a global holding company for its $1.7 billion acquisition of the company that provides premier products and services to financial services marketplace.
- Counsel to the world’s largest telecommunications company for its $67 billion acquisition of another telecommunications company.
- Counsel to a nuclear waste disposal company for its sale to a company headquartered in Sweden that supplies software and specialized services of the international nuclear industry.
- Counsel to the UK’s largest security businesses for its acquisition of the aviation security and commercial guarding subsidiaries of large contract staffing company.
- Counsel to a major independent energy company for its $2.65 billion acquisition of an electric power company.
- Corporate Finance & Securities
- Counsel to major real estate developer for the formation of a public REIT in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in a landmark office tower for $170 million.
- Counsel to global agricultural equipment manufacturer for the issuance of $200 million of securities in connection with an acquisition and counsel for its offering of cumulative convertible exchangeable preferred stock.
- Counsel to a global energy company for its initial public offering of 66,700,000 shares of common stock and 6,900,000 of convertible trust Preferred Securities.
- Counsel to a major equipment rental company in connection with its debt and equity restructuring.
- Counsel to several independent energy companies for both domestic and international project development and finance transactions.
- Private Equity
- Counsel to several private equity funds in the formation of funds.
- Counsel to a major energy company for its $75 million strategic investment in a private equity fund making investments in the energy industry.
- Counsel to mezzanine fund in connection with its formation.
- Counsel to several institutional investors in connection with their alternative investment activities.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – The Society of Corporate Governance Professionals
- Board of Directors – Business Executives for National Security
- Member – Association for Corporate Growth
- Member – British American Business Group
Rate : $$$