Chirag G. Badlani is a Partner of Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. He represents clients in a wide variety of civil matters, with a focus in the areas of civil rights, constitutional law, labor and employment, and commercial litigation. He also represents clients in asylum and refugee matters. He joined the firm in 2012.
Mr. Badlani graduated magna cum laude from New York University School of Law (J.D. 2008), where he served as a Production Editor for the Journal of International Law and Politics and as a Competitions Research and Writing Editor for the Moot Court Board. During law school, Mr. Badlani worked at NYU’s Immigrant Rights Clinic. He received his B.A. from Yale College (B.A. 2003).
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Badlani was a law clerk to the Honorable Ann Claire Williams, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and to the Honorable Allyne Ross, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. He also worked as a Planning Associate at the Vera Institute of Justice, in the Center on Immigration and Justice. Mr. Badlani is a member of the bar in Illinois and New York.
- New York University School of Law (J.D. 2008)
- Yale College (B.A. 2003)
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York (2009); Illinois (2012)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
MEMBERSHIPS / ASSOCIATIONS :
- Chair, LGBT Section, Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Member, Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago (LAGBAC)
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Board Member, National Immigrant Justice Center (NIJC) Leadership Board
- Treasurer, Board of Directors, Community Activism Law Alliance (CALA)
Rate : $$$$