With more than 40 years of finance experience, Chris D. Molen serves as a trusted advisor to national banks, private equity firms, hedge funds and corporate borrowers on secured and unsecured lending transactions.
Chris represents agents, lenders and borrowers across industries in syndicated and bilateral finance transactions, including working capital lines of credit and leveraged buyouts. Chris has particular experience with transactions for the healthcare, pharmaceuticals, media, communications, technology, retail and manufacturing industries. He also advises clients concerning debt restructurings, workouts and bankruptcy matters.
The types of leveraged finance transactions that Chris handles include asset-based loans, cash-flow loans, acquisition financing, venture financing, second-lien transactions, mezzanine debt financing, and debtor-in-possession financings. Such transactions include the financing of private equity-backed, closely held and publicly traded companies.
His work has earned him recognition for corporate, banking and finance law in numerous prestigious legal publications, including The Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA, Corporate Counsel, Who’s Who Legal: Georgia, Georgia Best Lawyers magazine and in Georgia Super Lawyers.
- Representation of a national bank in an Amendment and Restatement of a $325 million term loan and a $25 million revolver to a healthcare technology company.
- Representation of a national bank in a $175 million term loan and a $5 million revolving loan to a large pharmaceutical services firm.
- Representation of a national bank in a $150 million revolving loan, alongside an $850 million floor plan loan to a large trucking company.
- Representation of an American multinational investment bank and financial services company on a $45 million revolving loan, alongside a $65 million term loan to a manufacturer of residential and commercial agricultural products.
- Representation of the credit arm of a Miami, Florida-based private equity and alternative assets investment firm in a $20 million term loan to a telecom industry company.
- Representation of a debt and equity capital fund in a $67 million term loan and $5 million revolving loan to a healthcare treatment center business.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, JD, cum laude, 1977
- Indiana University, BS, summa cum laude, 1974
Admissions : Georgia
- Past President, Association for Corporate Growth, Atlanta Chapter
- Member, Commercial Finance Association
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
Rate : $$$