Mr. Chris Sloan is chair of the Firm’s Emerging Companies Group and focuses his practice on start-ups and other emerging businesses and also handles complex software and other IT transactions for both small and large companies alike.
Mr. Sloan helps many early-stage, high-growth businesses with business planning and formation, venture capital funding, drafting and negotiating vendor and customer agreements, strategic contract negotiations, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property protection and other general business law and intellectual property law issues. He often serves as outside general counsel for these types of companies.
Mr. Sloan regularly represents both technology and brick-and-mortar clients in connection with software, IT and other vendor contract negotiations, including software and health care IT transactions valued as high as $100 million. He regularly counsels hospitals and other health care providers on IT and intellectual property issues.
Mr. Sloan takes pride in providing his clients with practical, cost-effective advice tailored for each client’s unique business objectives. He is actively involved in the technology and entrepreneur communities, and he is a frequent author, speaker, board member and leader in that community.
He is a master mentor and board member of the Nashville Entrepreneur Center, and he was a member of the Nashville Chamber’s Partnership 2010 Entrepreneurship Task Force that led to its formation. He is a former board chair of the Nashville Technology Council and still serves as its general counsel.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, JD, 1999
- University of Virginia, BA, 1996
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee
Representative Matters :
- Represented Greenlight Medical in connection with its $450,000 Series AA Preferred Stock offer and sale to certain accredited investors.
- Represented a provider of SaaS donor management software for non-profits in connection with a $3.5 million Series A Preferred Stock financing transaction.
- Represented a health and wellness SaaS provider in connection with a $1.2 million Series A-3 Preferred financing transaction.
- Represented an early stage Internet-of-Things (IoT) data analytics company in connection with raising $2 million in convertible equity seed financing.
- Represented a health care IT analytics and services provider in connection with the sale of all of its assets to a large private health IT company in exchange for shares of stock valued at $7 million, plus an earn-out.
- Advised a large hospital staffing firm in connection with the simultaneous negotiation of two competing post-acute HER agreements, including advice on final vendor selection, source code escrow, and issue tracking and management.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Former Chairman of the Board, Member of Board of Directors and Executive Committee – Nashville Technology Council
- Board of Directors – Life Science Tennessee
- Board of Directors – Nashville Entrepreneur Center
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Startup Tennessee Advisory Board
Rate : $$$$