Chris Suffecool represents employers in cases involving a variety of claims arising under state and federal law, including : Wrongful termination, Discrimination , Harassment.
Chris also advises management on state and federal employment regulatory matters, including state minimum wage, sick leave, overtime laws, and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance.
Prior to joining Littler, Chris gained valuable litigation experience as an associate at several Phoenix area firms. A sample of representative matters involving employment litigation include :
- Claims of defamation and tortious interference with business expectations brought against the employer by an independent contractor
- A multistate wage and hour class action in New York federal court challenging the employer’s tip credit and uniform allowance pay under the FLSA and various state laws
- A broad injunction obtained against a customer who repeatedly threatened members of management, thereby preventing that customer from contacting management or entering into any of the employer’s locations statewide
- Trespass actions brought in multiple states barring demonstration activity from the employer’s private property
In an internal investigation, Chris assisted in securing $200 million in recovered funds for the largest public pension fund in the United States, following a large-scale investigation that uncovered corruption and self-dealing. During law school, Chris served as a judicial extern to the Hon. Robert C. Broomfield and the Hon. Mary H. Murguia, both of the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
- J.D., Arizona State University College of Law, 2005
- B.A., University of Arizona, Tucson, 2001
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Chair, Young Professionals Committee, 2009-2013, Starlight Children’s Foundation – Arizona
Rate : $$$