As a civil trial lawyer, Christa Cowart Turner concentrates her practice on complex commercial litigation, including product liability, trade practice, and fraud matters. She is proactive and uses her experience to assist her clients in present situations, as well as to anticipate potential future issues that may arise.
- Served as lead trial counsel in the representation of a construction employer in a large subrogation claim arising out of an underlying wrongful death action related to a construction site accident. Acquired a jury verdict in the case that was affirmed by the Fifth District Court of Appeal.
- Served as lead trial counsel in the representation of a gas supplier in a business dispute involving the supply and distribution of oxygen gases. Received a non-jury verdict in favor of the client.
- Served as trial counsel in a wrongful death claim arising from a tractor-trailer vehicle accident. A jury verdict was returned in favor of the client.
- Served as the lead attorney in the representation of a medical solutions company in commercial fraud, warranty and unfair deceptive trade practice claims. The case resulted in a summary judgment for the client. The Fifth District Court of Appeal affirmed the judgment.
- Served as lead counsel in the representation of a business entrepreneur in a matter involving joint venture and partnership disputes resulting from the client’s sale of land. The case resulted in a summary judgment for the client.
- Represented a sports team in a multimillion-dollar contractual dispute involving suite licensing claims and alleged contract invalidity. The case resulted in a summary judgment for the client.
- Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Community : Downtown Orlando Partnership: Board of Directors
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1996
- B.B.A., Stetson University, 1992, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$$