Christen Sewell counsels companies and individuals on all aspects of employee benefits and executive compensation, including tax-qualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans, equity-based compensation arrangements, non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements, executive employment and consulting agreements, and mergers and acquisitions. She advises companies of all sizes (both public and private) in a diverse array of industries.
Ms. Sewell enjoys working with clients to keep their benefit programs competitive and to meet the changing needs of their diverse workforces. Due to the depth and breadth of her practice, she is well-positioned to advise companies on all of their benefit needs, including the day-to-day compliance issues that affect the full spectrum of their benefit programs; integration of employees and legacy benefits acquired through mergers and acquisitions; and strategic planning and implementation of new plan designs and benefit programs.
When companies find themselves facing complex problems, Ms. Sewell has experience navigating the diverse and reticulated laws governing benefits and compensation to find practical solutions, and when necessary, negotiate resolutions with federal agencies.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 2004
Bar Admissions :
- District of Columbia
Representative Matters :
- Provide strategic advice to plan sponsors on defined benefit plans and defined contribution plans, including benefit plan design, implementation, administration, determination letter applications, voluntary correction procedure filings, plan loans, administrative procedures, and qualified domestic relations orders.
- Advise clients in negotiating trust agreements and amendments.
- Advise plan fiduciaries regarding their obligations under ERISA, including resolution of benefit claims and their duties with respect to plan assets and expenses in defined contribution plans.
- Provide fiduciary training and annual briefings for plan investment committees.
Rate : $$$