Christian Cavallo is a seasoned insurance coverage litigator who has successfully represented insurers in high-value cases in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York.
Chris’s litigation experience includes matters involving both first- and third-party insurance products and includes the defense of claims alleging breach of contract, bad faith, violation of state consumer fraud laws, fraud and misrepresentation, waiver and estoppel, and unfair claims/settlement practices. He serves as a leader of the firm’s GIS New Jersey Team.
Chris’s practice also includes providing his clients with general insurance counseling, including drafting coverage opinions and memoranda analyzing insurers’ rights and obligations under complex insurance contracts, assisting with internal investigations, and providing advice concerning regulatory issues, underwriting, and policy drafting.
Chris regularly presents on emergent insurance industry topics, and has authored and co-authored aritcles on issues affecting the insurance industry. He is also an editor and regular contributor to the firm’s insurance blog, The Insurance & Reinsurance Report. While attending Georgetown University Law Center, Chris served as a member of the Georgetown Journal on Poverty & Law Policy.
Prior to graduation, he was a law clerk at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and at the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York’s Thurgood Marshall Award For Representation of a Prisoner Under Sentence of Death
- Defense Research Institute: Volunteer Vice Coordinator, Insurance Law Committee
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Volunteer Lawyers For Justice
- New Jersey Law Student Mentorship Program, Mentor
- Americorps National Civil Community Corps, Team Leader
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2007 (Robert J. Fiske, Jr. Fellowship Award)
- Providence College, B.A., 2003
Rate : $$$