Christian B. Waddell focuses on affordable housing, economic development and public finance. As counsel to Mississippi Home Corporation (the state’s housing finance agency), he has experience navigating both state and federal housing laws with particular expertise in Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTCs), and single and multi-family development finance.
As counsel to the Mississippi Development Bank, he frequently works with local governments seeking access to capital markets. He also represents the Mississippi Business Finance Corporation, a public corporation created by statute to encourage economic and industrial development in the state.
Finally, Chris has participated in financings for municipalities, health care facilities, water and sewer facilities, manufacturing facilities, natural gas and energy projects and numerous retail concerns (including Tax Increment Financings). He welcomes the opportunity to work with private lenders, developers, and local governments.
- Mississippi Supreme Court, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1998
Bar Admissions : Mississippi, 1998
Professional Affiliations :
- Mississippi Bar
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Economic Development Council
Rate : $$$