Christian S. Bruno is a transactional attorney practicing in the areas of real estate, real estate finance, and general corporate and business law. Christian handles all aspects of commercial real estate and finance transactions, including acquisitions, leasing, development, joint ventures, loan issuances and restructurings, note purchases, workouts, and fund formations in Florida and throughout the United States.
Christian represents real estate investment trusts, private equity funds, local and regional banks, financial institutions, private U.S. and foreign national investors, landlords, tenants, operators, and developers involving properties of all types, including office buildings, shopping centers, retail stores, multifamily apartment buildings, industrial complexes, mixed-use properties, restaurants, hotels, health care facilities, and high-end residential properties.
Christian also represents regional and national businesses in commercial contracts, asset acquisitions and sales, private financings, and general corporate matters, including acting as outside general counsel to businesses in the hospitality and retail industries.
Christian attended Boston College for his undergraduate degree and earned a joint J.D./M.B.A. degree from the University of Pittsburgh. Christian is admitted to practice in Florida, New York, and Pennsylvania. He is fluent in Spanish.
- Represent real estate investment fund purchaser of $50 million acquisition and financing of Central Florida apartment complex.
- Represent a real estate holding company in a series of newly developed Wawa gas station and convenience store acquisitions throughout Florida, including handling tax reassessment, lease maintenance, and 1031 exchange matters.
- Represent joint venture in $130 million purchase of a five building office complex assemblage in suburban Orlando, including all Florida sales tax and documentary tax matters.
- Represent private real estate investment fund in sale of $67 million corporate office center in suburban Illinois, including leaseback and development issues.
- Represented joint venture partner in negotiation of joint venture agreement and purchase financing in connection with $160 million mixed-use Boston development project.
- Represent owner of Miami theme park facility in redevelopment matters, including negotiation of revenue generating agreements, vendor contracts, construction contracts, employment, and litigation matters.
- Represent Miami restauranteur owner-operators in new venture locations and concepts, including lease negotiations with New York City based private equity group and capital raise.
- Act as outside general counsel to privately-held theme park gift shop operator with over 30 locations in the U.S. and Caribbean including negotiation of revenue-generating contracts and litigation matters.
- Represented assisted living facility fund in the structure, formation, and private placement funding and acquisition of underlying real estate facility sites across the U.S.
- Represent private equity fund lender as local counsel on $200 million loan portfolio refinancing transaction secured by nationally renowned luxury hotels located in Bal Harbour, Fla., and Washington, D.C.
- Represent borrower group in multi-state commercial property portfolio mortgage loan financing including structuring Florida renewal and negotiation for Florida documentary tax minimization.
- Acted as Florida counsel to REIT-controlled borrower in $950 million mortgage/mezzanine refinance of national hotel portfolio and issuance of opinion letter.
- Represent owner and developer of Venetian Causeway luxury spec home purchase, development, and financing.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Pittsburgh, M.B.A., 2000
- Boston College, B.A., 1996
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida; New York; Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$