Mr. Christian E. Picone represents individuals and businesses in both civil and criminal litigation at the state and federal levels, with a focus on intellectual property disputes, complex commercial and tax litigation, criminal defense, and environmental defense.
In addition, Mr. Picone has successfully represented custom automotive companies in the increasingly criminalized area of environmental law.
Prior to joining Berliner Cohen, Mr. Picone worked as a lead felony prosecutor. Mr. Picone has conducted thirty-six jury trials to verdict.
- Drake University Law School, J.D.
- University of Rhode Island, B.A., double major in Philosophy & Political Science
Activities / Memberships:
- Pacific Autism Center for Education, Inc., Member, Former Board of Directors
- Santa Clara Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Colorado
- State Bar of Illinois
- United States District Courts, California, Colorado, Illinois
- Successfully defended an executive of a financial services company in a federal felony jury trial against charges of conspiracy to commit immigration fraud; obtained a hung jury resulting in a no-jail misdemeanor offer from the prosecution
- Successfully represented a startup biomedical company and its founder in a U.S. Attorney and SEC prosecution for securities fraud; obtained a deferred prosecution agreement with a dismissal of the federal indictment and resolved the SEC civil complaint with a minor financial penalty
- Successfully defended a circuit-board maker in a state environmental disposal investigation resulting in no charges
- In two successive litigations brought by the California Air Resources Board, negotiated favorable settlements for two premier custom motorcycle manufacturers in the United States
Rate : $$$$