Christian P. George serves as managing partner of Akerman’s Jacksonville office. Christian has a statewide practice focusing on commercial litigation and creditors’ rights in all courts, including bankruptcy court.
Christian routinely represents financial institutions and other lenders, shareholders, members and partners in professional corporations, LLCs and partnerships, as well as all types of businesses, individuals and families in all areas of commercial litigation.
Additionally, Christian protects the interests of businesses and individuals in disputes relating to contracts, negotiable instruments, and tort actions. His bankruptcy practice focuses on the protection of secured and unsecured creditors, landlords, vendors, asset purchasers, post-petition lenders, and creditors’ committees in bankruptcy cases in courts around the United States.
He also routinely represents lender clients in out-of-court restructurings, receiverships, and real and personal property foreclosures, including asset sales under the Uniform Commercial Code. Christian’s clients value his Chapter 11 bankruptcy experience, where he has a track record of resolving disputes by developing effective solutions customized to his client’s interests.
Christian litigates cases alleging fraud, breach of various types of contracts, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty, civil theft, professional malpractice, estate, trust and probate litigation, eviction, conversion, shareholder or partner disputes, real estate, breach of warranty, as well as other issues.
Christian is very active in both the local and state bar associations, as the President of the Young Lawyers’ Division of The Florida Bar, an organization with approximately 28,000 members, and as a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association Board of Governors.
Christian frequently speaks to law students and to bar and community groups on legal issues, including professionalism, mentorship, the independence of the judiciary, and litigation and trial strategy. In the community, he has been involved in various charitable groups, raising thousands of dollars for the less fortunate in the Jacksonville community.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2007
- B.A., University of Florida, Political Science, 2004
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association’s Florida Young Lawyers’ Delegation, 2016 – 2018
- The Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division, Current President
- Young Lawyers Division, Board of Governors, Fourth Judicial Circuit Representative, 2012-2017
- Young Lawyers Division, Board of Governors, Executive Committee, 2014-Current
- Board of Governors, 2017-Current
- Executive Committee, 2018
- Business Law Section, Executive Committee
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- JBA Board of Governors, 2016-Present
- Young Lawyers’ Section, Past President
- Young Lawyers’ Section Board of Governors, 2008-2017
- Professionalism Committee, Past Chairman
- Past Chairman of Fourth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member
- Fourth Judicial Circuit’s Bench and Bar Professionalism Committee, Past Chairman
- Chester Bedell Inns of Court, Past Barrister and Associate Member
Rate : $$$