Christian D. McFarland advises and represents employers in a broad range of employment law matters. Before admission to the Ohio bar, Christian worked as a law clerk for the Ohio State Personnel Board of Review and State Employment Relations Board. In this role, Christian assisted administrative law judges in drafting reports and recommendations for the boards and mediators in contract disputes.
He also worked for a human resources/labor relations consulting firm, where he assisted with human resource management, labor and employment law matters, collective bargaining contract negotiations, administrative hearings, regulatory compliance, and policy development. Additionally, Christian was a 2017 summer associate for Littler’s Cleveland office.
During law school, where he focused his studies on labor and employment, Christian served as the president of the Labor and Employment Law Association and as an articles editor for The Ohio State Law Journal. Prior to and during law school, Christian served in the Ohio Army National Guard as a human resources specialist. He was honorably discharged in February 2018.
- J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2018
- B.A., The Ohio State University, 2014
- Recipient, OSBA Labor and Employment Law Section Award,
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2018
- Recipient, CALI Awards for Employee Benefits and Labor Law, Arbitration, and Collective Bargaining
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
Rate : $$$$