Christian J. Westra’s practice focuses on representing private equity firms and institutional investors in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and other investments. Christian regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on add-on acquisitions, dispositions and general corporate governance matters. His practice also encompasses advising clients on global natural resource acquisitions and dispositions.
Christian’s clients include Advent International, Berkshire Partners, Summit Partners and Thomas H. Lee Partners. Prior to joining the firm, Christian worked as a management consultant with the Monitor Group and served as a Rosenthal Fellow in the Office for European and NATO Policy at the Pentagon.
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2009; M.A.L.D., Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy
- MPhil, Cambridge University, 2002
- AB, magna cum laude, Harvard College, 2001
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2009
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Christian helps to lead the Ropes & Gray Pan-Mass Challenge team, which over the past 17 years has raised over $2.2 million for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Christian is a member of the Board of Directors of the Norman B. Leventhal Map Center at the Boston Public Library.
- Christian is a member of the Community Impact Committee of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley.
- Represented Advent International in its acquisition of a majority equity stake in Walmart Brazil.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the sale of Lightower, a leading provider of fiber solutions, to Crown Castle International Corp. for approximately $7.1 billion in cash.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Curriculum Associates, a leading provider of K-12 education assessment and instructional materials.
- Represented Café Rio Holding, Inc., a restaurant chain specializing in Mexican cuisine and a portfolio company of affiliates of KarpReilly, LLC and Apax Partners, L.P., in the acquisition by Freeman Spogli & Co. of a majority interest in Café Rio Holding, Inc.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Masergy, the owner and operator of one of the largest independent software defined networking platforms in the world, from ABRY Partners.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the sale of Tower Development Corporation, a developer of wireless communications infrastructure, to Crown Castle International Corp. for approximately $461 million.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Implus Corporation, a leading provider of consumer products in the accessories marketplace, from Trilantic North America.
- Represented TPG Capital in its $1.9 billion acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc., a generic pharmaceutical company.
- Represented inVentiv Health in its acquisition of the clinical development business i3 from Ingenix, a UnitedHealth Group company.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv Health, a pharmaceutical services provider.
Rate : $$$