Christie Hayes has extensive experience in the area of workers’ compensation issues, as well as experience counseling clients on a multitude of federal and state employment laws, including the ADA and FMLA.
Resident in the Firm’s Johnson City office, Ms. Hayes defends employers against employment discrimination claims before the EEOC and THRC and performs training for employers in the areas of discrimination and harassment prevention, drug-free workplace, union avoidance and similar issues. Ms. Hayes advises clients on a wide variety of issues, including leave, disability accommodation, policy formulation and enforcement, and similar matters.
In addition to her labor and employment work, Ms. Hayes defends mortgage lenders and servicers in a wide variety of litigation, including allegations of wrongful foreclosure and eviction, fraud, predatory lending and liability claims. Ms. Hayes is licensed to practice law in both Tennessee and North Carolina.
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2001
- Tennessee, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2006
- North Carolina, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina, 2017
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims for a worldwide retailer in a premises liability case.
- Handled a jury trial for a client wherein the jury verdict was less than half the amount of a prior settlement offer by the client in a premises liability matter.
- Successfully participated in numerous workers’ compensation hearings, trials, and mediations on behalf of a wide range of manufacturing and industrial clients and obtained orders denying workers’ compensation benefits from the Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce Development.
- Representation of various financial institutions in commercial loan workouts, negotiations, and foreclosures.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American, Tennessee and Washington County Bar Associations
- Legal Aid of East Tennessee – Honor Roll Recipient on various occasions
- Recipient – Baker Donelson Pro Bono Award (2011)
- Recipient – Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Legal Aid of East Tennessee (2011)
Rate : $$$$