Christin McMeley, CIPP/US, is the chair of DWT’s privacy and security practice. Christin advises companies in various industries in privacy compliance, information governance, data security, public policy, and regulatory matters. Christin advocates on behalf of clients before governmental agencies, legislative members and staff, represents telecom, cable, and wireless providers in regulatory proceedings before the FCC, and counsels clients on regulatory policy and compliance.
As a former Vice President, Chief Privacy Officer, and Deputy General Counsel to Charter Communications, she successfully implemented the company’s first privacy and data security program. Christin has extensive knowledge of privacy and security regulations, as well as hands-on experience with all aspects of privacy and information governance programs, including program development and management, employee training, compliance and risk assessments, and incident response. She is also a member of DWT’s Breach Response Team.
Within the communications industry, Christin has advised clients on key regulatory issues, including network neutrality, bandwidth management, broadcast signal carriage and other programming matters, and governmental lobbying.
- Vice President, Assistant/Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy/Compliance Officer; Vice President/Senior Counsel; Chief Privacy Attorney/Senior Counsel – Charter Communications, St. Louis
- Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Washington, D.C.
- Associate, Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, PC, St. Louis
Professional & Community Activities:
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Women in Cable Telecommunications
- J.D., The University of Tulsa College of Law
- B.A., English, Minor in Psychology, Missouri State University
Rate : $$$$