Christina Bergeron joined Ropes & Gray in 2011 as an associate practicing in the corporate department with an emphasis on health care. Christina represents a range of the firm’s health care clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and affiliations.
She has a range of experience in advising a broad spectrum of health care clients including managed care plans, dental service organizations and hospitals. In addition, Christina provides regulatory and compliance advice to various health care clients.
Christina assists clients in the development of policies and procedures and provides advice regarding the HIPAA privacy and security rules. Prior to joining the firm, Christina clerked for the Honorable Ronald A. Guzmán, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, where she worked on a commodities class action suit involving one of the largest investment management companies in the United States.
Additionally, during law school, Christina worked at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission in Washington, DC. Before law school, Christina worked as a paralegal in health care fraud and public corruption at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston, MA.
- JD, summa cum laude, American University Washington College of Law, 2010; American University Law Review,Note & Comment Editor
- BS (Finance), cum laude, Pennsylvania State University, 2006
- Illinois, 2010
- Massachusetts, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Ronald A. Guzman, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2010 – 2011)
- Regulatory – Advised clients on various issues, including fraud and abuse, self-referral laws, licensing and HIPAA privacy issues.
- Transactional – Assisted clients with mergers, acquisitions and affiliations.
- Licensing – Counseled clients in the long-term care and senior living industry on state licensing and Medicare enrollment matters, as well as other regulatory compliance and reimbursement matters. Served as certificate of need counsel for multiple adult care facilities and assisted living residence applicants in Illinois.
- Pro Bono – Advised a pro bono client in connection with the negotiation and implementation of an EHR system and the requirements of EHR meaning use requirements.
Rate : $$$$