Christina Ding represents major insurance and business clients in complex litigation. Christina advises clients in pre-litigation considerations and defends them vigorously throughout all phases of litigation.
Christina helps major insurance companies navigate all aspects of coverage and extracontractual litigation involving various types of policies, including commercial general liability, professional liability, umbrella and excess policies.
She has experience litigating claims involving bad-faith duty to defend, indemnify and/or settle third-party actions; fraud in the application or presentation of the claim; and allegations related to unfair competition or false advertising under Business & Professions Code § 17200. Christina regularly advises clients on pre-litigation issues such as general claims-handling, claims investigation, and defense and indemnity obligations.
Christina also represents companies in general business litigation matters, including disputes involving breach of contract, indemnity, subrogation, defamation and unfair competition claims.
Representative Matters :
- Represented an insurer in a complex legacy environmental dispute involving insureds and numerous other insurers, including multiphased trials related to cooperation clause, noncumulation clause, vertical versus horizontal exhaustion and drop-down obligations.
- Represented an insurer in complex construction defect coverage litigation against multiple insureds and additional insureds, which resulted in a favorable settlement for less than 50 percent of the policy limits.
- Secured a dismissal on summary judgment in a bad-faith lawsuit brought by an insured alleging the insurer’s breach of duty to defend and investigate.
- Advised an insurer on its defense and settlement obligations related to a professional liability policy while monitoring the underlying high-profile trial against the insured doctor who threatened a bad-faith suit against the insurer.
- Successfully secured voluntary dismissal for client, including over $100,000 in costs, after more than two years of litigation in lawsuit involving defamation and trade libel claims.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
Professional Experience :
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Jane Boyle of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Lee Yeakel of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., B.A., with honors, 2008
BAR ADMISSIONS : California, Virginia, District of Columbia
Rate : $$$